If you’re wondering what it costs to open a restaurant franchise with Golden Chick, you’ll be happy to know our investment features flexible location options, ongoing support for the life of your business, and a whole lot more. Ours is a premier franchise opportunity that has over five decades of success behind it — we’re no flash in the pan! Here, we’ll take a look at what the typical startup costs are for a Golden Chick restaurant and what you can look forward to as our franchisee.
Which Footprint Is Right for You?
Depending on which restaurant model you choose, your initial investment will vary, though they all include our one-time initial franchise fee of $30,000, which grants you the right to do business under the Golden Chick name, gets you immediate access to our time-tested business model, and includes our comprehensive preopening training. Then, depending on your resources and goals, you can choose from the following three restaurant models:
- New Freestanding Location: Created from the ground up, these restaurants are on sites that are specifically chosen to meet the needs of your community and are typically located near other traffic generators like major grocery stores, home improvement chains, or other services. They’re built to our exact specifications and designed to last for decades, and because they’re brand new, they represent the higher end of the cost to open a Golden Chick franchise with us. The price range is between $893,870 and $1,348,500 to get this option going.
- Freestanding Conversion: Converting a pre-existing quick-service restaurant into a freestanding Golden Chick franchise represents our most economical investment because construction costs will be lower than if you started from scratch. An initial investment in this concept will run from between $440,950 and $838,000. These may even be lease opportunities that could put you at the lower end of the investment range.
- End Cap Location: Endcap locations are another economical option because they don’t typically require extensive construction, in part because they’re built into larger retail complexes like shopping centers, so they don’t stand on their own. These smaller locations are incorporated into existing spaces and represent an investment of between $445,950 and $846,000.
Some Important Perks
Once you’ve decided on the restaurant model that’s right for you, your investment will not only cover the costs of building out whichever concept you decide on but will include things like:
- Furniture, fixtures, and equipment
- Your computer and point-of-sale system
- Signage and menu boards
- Proprietary recipes
- Brand logos, resources, and trademarks
- And much more!
It will also pay for your preopening training, a valuable resource that means you can thrive in our industry regardless of whether you’ve come to it with past experience. Our franchise experts will bring you up to speed on just about everything you’ll need to know to open and operate your franchise efficiently, preparing you to leverage our business model and capitalize on our thriving industry.
Our Franchise Disclosure Document can give you a more complete look at a Golden Chick investment. Feel free to request a copy of it today!